First of all, 2020 was expected to be a tough year and an unprecedented one. There was a lot of uncertainty and fears, but, we were hopeful that we can still do good during this pandemic both for those who are in need and most especially to our members.
We started the year, with these goals in mind:
Rise Above These Uncertain Times and Be S.A.F.E.
1. Stay Strong- through this challenging period as an organization, being of value to our members by always being innovative as an ICF local chapter
2. Awareness- of the coaching profession, the ICF way. Continue to educate the Philippine society about professional coaching.
3. be a Forum- for new and old members alike, where they will feel encouraged by fellow coaches. An active support system to continue to improve and learn new ideas.
4. Extend- a helping hand to the communities and people around us in this crisis situation because as coaches, this is how we give back.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE • To continue being recognized as a charter chapter by increasing membership by 10% and come up with programs to continue to engage the members
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE • Ignite awareness about ICF through online platforms and engage members & others through information.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE • Continuous learning, development and engagement of the members
COMMUNITY RELATIONS COMMITTEE • Be able to reach out to communities, help out through coaching and give the coaches an avenue to practice their coaching skills through pro bono activities
Despite the challenges during the pandemic, am happy to report the following accomplishments:
1. ICFP Hit the 100 member mark for the first time in our chapter history- most number of chapter members as we grew from 52 in August 2020 to 113 members by the end of July of this year
2. Highest ever ICF Global membership renewal rate for the chapter at a whopping 90.57% for this year as reported by ICF region, which is even higher than the average ICF renewal rate in Asia of 75.72%
3. First coach to coach peer coaching activity with another ICF Chapter in collaboration with ICF Costa Rica Chapter for Coaching Beyond Borders during the International Coaching Week
4. First multi-chapter peer coaching activity for Coach A Coach with ICF Malaysia, ICF Jakarta and ICF Bangkok involving 123 coaches from 4 different countries which started in July and will run till January 2022
5. First regular and monthly peer learning process in Coach Huddle
6. The redesign of the ICF Philippines Chapter Website and updated rebranding together with the launch of the new ICF logo
7. The reactivation of the ICF Philippines Facebook page coupled with the weekly postings which has greatly boosted our online presence
8. A total of 14 online learning sessions spanning 12 months including our first virtual Christmas party plus an additional 3 activities for the International Coaching Week
9. Pro bono coaching activity for teachers which was featured by ICF Foundation for their Gift of Coaching Collective stories
10. Most number of credentialed coaches- we now have a total of 36 credentialed coaches as of July 2020
All this would not have been possible without our members, thank you for being part of ICF Philippines Charter Chapter. Also, I would like to thank several people who actively lead initiatives during the 2020-2021 term:
ICF Philippines 2020-2021 Officers
President Elect – Arvy Villamarzo
Vice-President – Katherine Limjoco
Treasurer/Secretary – Jackie Cañiza
Treasurer/Secretary – Candice Velasco (early part of 2020)
Immediate Past President – Alma Horn
Executive Committee & Members:
Membership Commttee Chair : Dada Salud
Members: Lea Ungson, Jeng Faraon
Professional Development Committee Chair : Ina Teves
Members: Kurly de Guzman, Dennis Montecillo, Frederic Lipio
PR Committee Chair : TJ Nadres
Members: Marge Martinez, Vina Paglicawan, Pat Mallari
Community Relations Chair: Trixy Gabriel
Members: Raul Dimayuga, Lynne Reyes, Jing Remo, Joyce Talag, Yvette de Guia
Elections Committee: Marlyn Angeles
Past Presidents who continue to support our activities and efforts.
To God be the glory!
President 2020-2021, ICF Philippines Charter Chapter